[LLVMdev] pool allocation optimization?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Mar 26 11:46:09 PST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Mahim Mishra wrote:
> I am very new to LLVM, and have downloaded, compiled and installed the
> compiler suite and read through a lot of documentation with the purpose of
> trying out the Pool Allocation optimization. However, I haven't been able
> to locate it yet: there is no mention on the website or in any of the
> documentation of how I may use this optimization. Reading through the
> mailing list archives from a year ago suggest that I should have
> projects/llvm-poolalloc. This is, however, missing both from Release 1.6
> and the current CVS snapshot.
> Is poolalloc deprecated? If not, how can I obtain and use it?

It is part of LLVM CVS, but in a separate module.  To get it, use:

$ cd llvm/projects
$ cvs co llvm-poolalloc

I once maintained this code, but I don't any longer.  If you have specific
questions about it, I'm sure that others will be happy to answer them!

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/