[LLVMdev] Virtual "components" for llvm-config

Eric Kidd emk.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:53:01 PST 2006

To ease portability headaches, I'd like to support several virtual
"components" in llvm-config. Possibilities include:

   all: Include all LLVM libraries.
   backend: Include either a working native backend or cbackend.
   engine: Include a working subclass of ExecutionEngine, either the
JIT or interpreter.

You could, for example, get a typical set of JIT-related libs using:

   $ llvm-config --libs engine bcreader scalaropts

Of course, the exact names and details are up to you folks. :-) But
if you're building a project outside the LLVM tree, please let me
know what I can do to make your life easier.

Cheers,
Eric