[LLVMdev] Re: Garbage collection questions

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Mar 14 16:53:22 PST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Sandro Magi wrote:
> I've attached the lazy ref-counting collector if anyone's interested.
> There are a few suggested enhancements in the source for those who
> might want to extend it, such as bounds for real-time constraints, or
> adding generations to reduce the overhead of filtering out the live
> roots. :-)

By the way, how are you testing this?  Do you have a front-end that is
outputing garbage collected code?  If so, it would be very cool to include
it and your garbage collector with the LLVM distribution, assuming they
are smallish.

Alternatively, when you get happy with your refcount'd collector and are
convinced that it is working right, lemme know and we can include just it
with mainline LLVM.  Having a working GC implementation would be a great
help to people using the LLVM GC hooks.

Thanks!

-Chris

--