[LLVMdev] cross-compiling with llvm

Philipp Gontermann gonterma at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Mar 7 08:28:13 PST 2006

Hi,
i wanted to use llvm to cross-compile c++ code for powerpc on a x86
(debian linux), but i have some problems configuring and compiling
llvm-suite and front-end.
Here are some of my questions:

1. Is it possible at all to cross-compile with llvm?

2. I allready have a gcc cross-compiler for power-pc, do i need this or
   does llvm contain its own? How can i tell llvm to use it?

3. Is there any howto for doing the cross-compiling? I think i need
   to compile the gcc-front-end for this task, but i don't know the
   options for the configuration script.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Regards Philipp.

--