[LLVMdev] adding args to func call

Jerry Hom jhom at cs.rutgers.edu
Sun Jun 25 14:49:57 PDT 2006

This question is similar to Ryan Lefever's post on May 1, 2006 about
printf declaration.  In my case, I want to insert fprintf(stderr,
...) calls.  I'm new to LLVM, and I don't know what's the recipe for
putting together the arguments.  Can someone give me basic
instructions or point me in the direction on what to do?  I can't find
any more documentation on this.  Thanks!

Another question in reference to Ryan's post, can someone explain the
purpose of this code, in particular the last 4 lines?  Are the
duplicate lines intentional?

   /* m is Module*, f is Function*, i is Instruction* */
   Constant* constStr = ConstantArray::get("test\n");
   GlobalVariable* gv = new GlobalVariable
     (constStr->getType(), true, GlobalValue::InternalLinkage, constStr,
      "", m);
   std::vector<Constant*> geplist;
   geplist.push_back(ConstantUInt::get(Type::UIntTy,0));
   geplist.push_back(ConstantUInt::get(Type::UIntTy,0));
   Constant* gep = ConstantExpr::getGetElementPtr(gv,geplist);

--
Jerry Hom