[LLVMdev] single exit BB

Jerry Hom jhom at cs.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 21 13:59:37 PDT 2006

Hello.  I'm new to LLVM, so I apologize if this is a basic question.

I've used llvm-gcc to produce an LLVM assembly file (-S) as well as
the bytecode file.  I then used 'analyze -print-cfg' on the bytecode
and realized that some optimizations have been applied against the
corresponding assembly file.  If I understand the operations, the
emitted assembly file has no optimizations, and hence functions
always start with a single exit BB.

My question is, how can I disable the optimizations (during assembly
and link phases) such that the bytecode file will be the same as the
assembly file?  In particular, if I can preserve the function's single
exit BB, that would be nice.  Thanks!

--
Jerry Hom