[LLVMdev] Creating Release Branch @9pm PDT

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Wed Jul 26 22:10:14 PDT 2006

I created the 1.8 branch: feel free to check code into mainline again. To
check out the branch:

cvs -d <CVS Repository> co -r release_18 llvm
cvs -d <CVS Repository> co -r release_18 llvm-test
cvs -d <CVS Repository> co -r release_18 llvm-gcc

Please do not check in any code changes to the release branch.  I would
like to have code changes reviewed before being merged in, and I want to
control when code gets merged on the branch (so tarballs are consistent).
Just send email to me or the list with what check-in you want merged in.

Unlike code changes, please go ahead and commit any documentation changes
to the release branch (and also mainline) directly without review. I am
hoping that all LLVMers could spare a few minutes to check over the
documents to make sure they are up to date.  I'd like to have the
branch frozen on the 7th, so please check in all documentation changes
before then.

I will be creating tarballs and binaries which will be available for
testing by August 2nd.

Thanks,
Tanya