[LLVMdev] "correct" way to implement a call

Andrew Lenharth alenhar2 at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 17 09:23:14 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 15:35 -0300, Rafael EspĂ­ndola wrote:
> Currently, Alpha, PowerPC and X86 implement LowerFORMAL_ARGUMENTS.
> PowerPC and X86 lower ISD::CALL in LowerOperation. Alpha implements
> custom select. What is the preferred way to implement this?

The custom select is because nodes with variable number of arguments (as
needed to lower ISD::CALL) didn't use to work.  I've been waiting until
that is fixed to lower calls rather than custom select them.  I have a
patch to do so sitting around, which I might get around to applying
since I think the variable arguments thing is fixed.

Andrew