[LLVMdev] Enabling debug in LLVM-1.7 release

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Jul 11 11:35:14 PDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Silken Tiger wrote:
> This may sound like a stupid question, but well i am not very good with the automake tools:
> How do i enable debug mode in llvm-1.7?

I'm not sure what you mean.  The default build is with debugging.

>From below it looks like you want a profile build with debugging enabled?
If so, I just committed this patch, which always enables debug info for
profile builds:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20060710/035962.html

Please try updating (or applying the patch to your 1.7 tree), making clean
then rebuilding.

-Chris

> I tried
> ./configure --enable-debug-runtime
> editing Makefile.config  DEBUG_RUNTIME=1
> editing Makefile.config.in DEBUG_RUNTIME=1 and ./configure --enable-debug-runtime
>
> Currently i managed to make a profile build but gdb just chokes like this when trying to debug:
> Starting program: /work0/tstone/llvm-1.7/Profile/bin/llc /work0/tstone/llvm/Profile/bin/llc
> Error while reading shared library symbols:
> Cannot find new threads: generic error
>

> Thanks
> ST

-Chris