[LLVMdev] Leading spaces in Makefile.rules

Wink Saville wink at saville.com
Tue Feb 28 09:34:48 PST 2006

Hello,

Last night I checked out the head of CVS and tried to compile after
configuring with:

./configure --enable-debug-runtime --enable-jit --prefix=/opt/lvm-cvs

I then got a message indicating that Line 1099 of Makefile.rules has 8
leading spaces instead of a tab, I fixed that and then the build
completed, although there were 6 warnings
(http://www.saville.com/llvm/make1.out).

Reid suggested here
(http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2006-February/005261.html)
that I install new runtime bytecodes. I did and then did:

    make clean ; make

And got 4 warnings here (http://www.saville.com/llvm/make2.out).

Maybe the warnings are normal, just thought I'd report them. Also, my
computer is a Amd64 runing X86-64 linux (Ubuntu 5.10). The compiler is
4.0.2 and glibc version appears to be 2.3.5.

My intent is to track down why I was getting crtend not found when using
llvm-ld in my simple test app as I mentioned in the other thread, and
then to see it occur in the full build was strange, so I haven't tried
to run what I built.

Cheers,

Wink Saville