[LLVMdev] LLVM Hello Project generating .lo file in place of .so file.

Pratik Mehta mehta.pr.y at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:01:08 PST 2006

Hello,

  I am trying to compile the Hello Project of the lib/Transforms/Hello
subdirectory according to the instructions given on
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html document. I am
using 1.6cvs source to compile LLVM. The problem is that after running
the Make file on the project, the Debug subdirectory contains .lo file
in place of .so file. I need the .so file to use with opt command as
mentioned in the document (as indicated in the document). Following is
interaction trace.

[llvm]$ uname -a
Linux hostname 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4 #1 Tue Dec 13 21:32:09 EST 2005 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[llvm]$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
[llvm]$ cd lib/Transforms/Hello/
[Hello]$ ls
Hello.cpp  Makefile
[Hello]$ make
make: Warning: File `/dev/null' has modification time 9e+03 s in the future
llvm[0]: Compiling Hello.cpp for Debug build (PIC)
llvm[0]: Linking Debug Shared Library LLVMHello.so
llvm[0]: Linking Debug Object Library LLVMHello.o
make: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
[Hello]$ ls
Debug  Hello.cpp  Makefile
[Hello]$ cd Debug/
[Debug]$ ls