[LLVMdev] No crt2.o file found

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Thu Dec 21 15:00:57 PST 2006

Hello, Matthew.

> My file size matches the patched file.  I haven't figured out how to get 7-zip to give me checksum information on windows.
Use md5sum utility. It can be successfully found via google.

> I rashly copied all the *.o files from my mingw\lib directory to the llvm\lib directory.
> This does enable the hello world binary to compile and to function correctly.
Strange. Seems to be some "paths problem? inside llvm-gcc. It really should find that files automatically.

> Aha! I just noted that the archive does in fact have the crt*.o files, but they did not end up in my lib directory after
> I built the system.
They shouldn't. They actually should be in llvm-gcc/lib directory.

> My final question is just what functionality is disabled with the mingw distribution?
> Is it just the use of lli?
As of 1.9 - yes.

>  This used to work with the msvc compiled tools.
This isn't true, since there were no JIT codegen for dllimported
symbols.

>  Is it possible to recover the missing functionality of the Jit interpreter using msvc to compile these tools?
Recently I've made several fixes to libSystem & codegen (in CVS head):
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20061218/041588.html
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20061218/041643.html

This will enable to run lli on huge amount of applications. Probably,
you have to apply them to your current 1.9 tree (+patches from
llvm-gcc4-1.9-patched) in order to enable lli for 1.9 release.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.