[LLVMdev] No crt2.o file found

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Mon Dec 18 13:29:16 PST 2006

Hello, Matthew.

> Not with the recent build.  In times past I failed miserably at this using cygwin. Maybe I should try again?
Well, actually I mean: whether llvm-gcc binary under consideration was
built by yourself or you're using pre-built binaries from downloads
section?

If you're using llvm-gcc4 binary from downloads section, mingw binary is
included into tarball, you might find crt*.o in /lib subdirectory
inside.

> I figured that just copying the mingw crt*.o files would not
> be a good idea.
Why not? Mingw32 crt does not depend on LLVM.

> Perhaps I downloaded an incomplete llvm gcc binary?
Please check:
1. File size of llvm-gcc4-1.9-patched-x86-mingw32.tar.bz2 is 15018565
bytes
2. Md5sum is 61a73059be528b19f2ce64d35d7df25b

> I figured as much.  It would be great to get the mingw branch on windows working, since it avoids the cygwin dll
> and some restrictive licensing issues.  Thanks for the help in advance!
Could you please fill in corresponding bug - I'll have look in it. We'll
use it to track progress & problems.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.