[LLVMdev] Fedora Core 5 package

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Sat Aug 26 10:00:10 PDT 2006

Hi Adam,

On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 12:38 -0400, Adam Goode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone working on getting LLVM into Fedora Extras?

Not that I know of.

> This would allow anyone with FC-5 or greater to simply
> "yum install llvm" without any other preparation.

Yes, that would be a welcome addition.

> If no one here is working on this, I can start the Fedora Extras new
> package process, which should only take a few weeks to complete. LLVM
> has been on my "planned packages" list for a while now.

That would be great! Thanks.

Once the 1.9 release is made (November?), you should be able to:

make dist       # make distribution source tarball
make dist-check # verify distribution source can build itself
make rpms       # make source rpm package
make rpm        # make binary rpm package

Reid.