[LLVMdev] Built LLVM 1.8 on VC8, invalid iterator issue/fix, some questions

Scott Michel scottm at rushg.aero.org
Thu Aug 24 20:30:50 PDT 2006

srhilber at ncsu.edu wrote:
> However, there appears to be some issue with using an invalid iterator in
> the X86 backend that appears when I build with VC8. I've managed to fix it
> by duplicating the std::vector in question before iterating through it,
> but I'm too new to the code to be able to say whether it's the "right"
> fix. The offending bit of generated code is this area from
> X86GenDAGISel.inc, line 84+:

If you can take the debug time hit, it might be worth your while to
install STLport, recompile using the STLport headers and use its STL
debug mode. That might provide insight as to whether the issue is with
MSes version of STL (most likely) or a code usage problem (less likely).
Either way, it'll help determine the problem. If the iterator works with
STLport, then the problem is with MS STL.