[LLVMdev] Bug with AutoConfig.sh

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Tue Aug 22 15:17:23 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 16:29 -0500, Timothy Baldridge wrote:
> Maybe I'm not doing something right here, but there is a rather simple
> bug in the Autoconfig.sh script.

I believe you're talking about AutoRegen.sh? In the LLVM autoconf
directory?

> It currently checks for the version
> numbers in aclocal and libtool.

(and autoconf)

>  However it only accepts a certain
> value, instead of that version and all newer versions. Is there a
> reason for this? Or is this a bug?

No, its entirely intentional to ensure that we don't end up with errors
in our configure script. Testing is done for exactly one version of the
auto* tools. If someone were to run AutoRegen.sh from an older (or
newer) version, it could (and has) broken our configure script.  We just
updated to the latest a few weeks ago (first update in 2 years).

I take it you don't have the right versions. I'll commit the changes to
configure and configure.ac for you.  Should be done by the time you get
this.