[LLVMdev] Lines of code

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Thu Aug 17 09:41:39 PDT 2006

You can see exactly what it contains by reviewing the "utils/llvmdo"
script. The script is invoked by "utils/countloc.sh" with the -code-only
option to eliminate a few things that shouldn't be considered code.  The
details are too long to list here but its simple enough to understand in
the llvmdo script.

To answer your specific questions, it includes makefiles and the
deja-gnu tests, but not llvm-test. All generated files (yacc, lex,
etc.), documentation, autoconf stuff, xcode, win32, runtime code and
projects are not included.

And, yes, its more accurate now than its been for a while. If you have
any suggestions on how it could be improved, please let me know.

Reid.