[LLVMdev] Re: why c++?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Aug 16 20:45:28 PDT 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, l l wrote:
> sorry, just hit the enter key by accident.
> Anyway, why was llvm was written in c++?
>
> c and python, c and ocaml, c and java i would more prefer.
>
> I am not a flamethrower(sorry again if it was.) Just another newbie.

If you want to write a new compiler, you're free to do it in a language of
your choice.  LLVM is written primarily in C++, for a variety of reasons,
and we don't plan to change that soon.  This list is not the appropriate
place to discuss the virtues of one language over another.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/