[LLVMdev] Problem with stock llvmc configuration for C

Bram Adams bram.adams at ugent.be
Wed Aug 16 12:57:55 PDT 2006

Hi,

Op 14-aug-06, om 09:29 heeft Reid Spencer het volgende geschreven:

>> Apparently, %llvmgccdir% and %llvmcc1% are not recognized as a useful
>> variable by the llvmc configuration parser.
>
> Actually, they are. See tools/llvmc/ConfigurationDriver.cpp around
> line
> 304. Also, they are recognized by the lexer. Its more likely that when
> you configured LLVM you didn't provide the --with-llvmgccdir= option.

They're indeed mentioned, but somehow they were not added to the
switch-statements in the corresponding parsing functions for the
various configuration options. I attached a patch in which this is
resolved, as well as two other bugs:
  * an off-by-one error in a loop copying a command's arguments into
an array (first argument was dismissed; garbage added at the end);
  * %...%'s in a command name were not substituted, whereas they were
in the command's arguments.

The patch solved things for me, but it's not perfect yet.

>> I found out in tools/
>> llvmc/Configuration.cpp that two other library-related variables
>> exist, notably %libdir% and %libs%, but it's not clear what they do.
>
> %libdir% expands to LLVM_LIBDIR which is the installation location of
> LLVM libraries.
> %libs% expands to the list of system (non-LLVM) libraries needed to
> link
> with LLVM.

OK.

Kind regards,

Bram Adams
GH-SEL, INTEC, Ghent University (Belgium)

PS: I recently saw an email passing by in which someone else was
talking about a patch for llvmc. Has that one been committed yet?