[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc4 on Debian

Scott Michel scottm at rushg.aero.org
Mon Aug 14 17:10:29 PDT 2006

I know that Al Stone has compiled llvm-gcc4 successfully and I can
report the same. The problem I consistently run into is that llvm-gcc
ends up producing native format output; it does not produce bytecode,
nor does it invoke gccas or gccld.

I'm using the latest svn, and my configure args are:

--prefix=/work/scottm/llvm-cfrontend/obj/../i686-pc-linux-gnu \
--enable-llvm=/work/scottm/llvm/obj/i686-pc-linux-gnu/ \
--program-prefix=llvm- \
--disable-threads --disable-nls --disable-shared

configure doesn't complain and the llvm object directory exists and is
sane according to configure. Any clue?