[LLVMdev] link time optimization doc

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 13:47:32 PDT 2006

On 8/14/06, Devang Patel <dpatel at apple.com> wrote:

> > In the latter case, what are the limitations/plans?
>
> This approach requires linker changes. I am updating darwin linker,
> but I do not have plan to update other linkers. I hope, this document
> helps other folks in updating gnu ld and other linkers.

Unless someone else with more hands on experience is willing to, I am
planning on working to port this to binutils before long. I've been waiting
primarily for the work on the darwin linker to finish up, so that I can use
that as a reference.

However, I am still quite new to LLVM, and if anyone has more experience or
wants to help, it'd be great. =] Just trying to do what I can.

-Chandler