[LLVMdev] llvm 1.8 release notes draft

Bil isanbard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 23:19:52 PDT 2006

On Aug 8, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's the first draft of the LLVM 1.8 release notes.  Please take
> a look and send me any comments or feedback you have:
> http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseNotes.html

Trivial changes:

* Most of LLVM is now built with "-pedantic", ensuring better
portability to more C++ Compilers.

Probably should be "compilers"?

* The PowerPC backend now includes initial 64-bit support. The JIT is
not complete, and the static compiler has a couple of known bugs, but
support is mostly in place. LLVM 1.9 will include completed PPC-64
support.

I would suggest "compete PPC-64 support" instead.

* The -cee pass is known to be buggy, and may be removed in in a
future release.

Remove one of the "in"s.

* The following Unix system functionality has not been tested and may
not work:

"functionalities have"

* Zero arg vararg functions are not supported. This should not affect
LLVM produced by the C or C++ frontends.

This sentence confuses me. Should it be "LLVM bytecode" or some other
wording?

-bw