[LLVMdev] build error

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Mon Aug 7 22:23:38 PDT 2006

Okay, that's the problem then.

When you configure llvm you need to give it the
--with-llvmgccdir=/path/to/llvmgcc. I suggest you carefully read the
getting started instructions, found here:

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html

This will allow the runtime library to build properly. If you don't need
the runtime library (i.e. you don't care about running C/C++ programs
compiled with LLVM) then you can safely build LLVM with:

make tools-only

and it will skip the runtime directory.

Reid.