[LLVMdev] Building LLVM under Mingw. Part I: tools-only

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Sat Apr 29 14:34:16 PDT 2006

> Hello, Aaron.
>
> You wrote Sunday, April 30, 2006, 12:01:10 AM:
>
> AG> The Cygwin LLVM release (OPTIMIZED_ENABLED) version triggers a bug in
> LD
> AG> (BFD binutils) this may well be common to MinGW as well.
> Seems so, since debug version of llc.exe builds smoothly. Do you have
> more information about this issue?

Anton,

It was about a year ago now so I cannot remember the precise details.

I traced the code its easy enough to find the error message in the bfd code.

It was about three of the source units causing the error.

Either GCC is producing erronous object modules or the bfd is miss reading
the data in them.

Sorry I cannot really be of much help,

Aaron