[LLVMdev] Summer of Code

andreas burman andreas.burman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 21:34:37 PDT 2006

On 4/26/06, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin.org> wrote:

> > To me, GVN-PRE and a MIPS backend would be the most useful ones.  Do you
> > have MIPS hardware to test on?  If not, a GVNPRE pass might be better,
> > though you could do the port with a good simulator.  Daniel Berlin knows
> > much about GVNPRE, so he could probably comment more on it.
>
> I implemented GVN-PRE for GCC. You could probably do an implementation
> for LLVM in three months, assuming you are somewhat familiar with SSA
> form :)

SSA should not be a problem.  I have skimmed through Thomas VanDrunens PhD
dissertation and it seems doable to implement it in three
month...<ftp://ftp.cs.purdue.edu/pub/hosking/papers/vandrunen.pdf>

I'd also be happy to mentor such a project.

Cool, I guess I have to start writing my proposal then :)