[LLVMdev] Summer of Code

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Apr 25 22:01:44 PDT 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, andreas burman wrote:
> I'm planning to apply for SoC and I would like some hints on which projects
> the community are most interested in.
>
> The two projects that I right now think looks most interesting is:
>
> * Writing an backend for MIPS
> and
> * New Transformations and Analyses
>     - Implement GVN-PRE
>     - Value range propagation pass
>
> What do you think, would any of these two make a good SoC project?

To me, GVN-PRE and a MIPS backend would be the most useful ones.  Do you
have MIPS hardware to test on?  If not, a GVNPRE pass might be better,
though you could do the port with a good simulator.  Daniel Berlin knows
much about GVNPRE, so he could probably comment more on it.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/