[LLVMdev] Re: Building CFE on MinGW

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Sun Apr 23 14:40:19 PDT 2006

Hello, Oscar.

You wrote Sunday, April 23, 2006, 8:31:14 PM:

OF> Forward works ok with MinGW. Back slashes can be interpreted as escape
OF> sequences by MSYS/Cygwin tools.
I've succeeded in building CFE in Mingw at some 1.3-1.4 release.
After, I just don't have enough time to play with LLVM. I've sent my
instructions to Henrik Bach <henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com>, maybe it's
worth to ask him. I'll also try to seek for e-mails i've sent to him
(please note, that they should be outdated - i've written them a year
ago).
Anyway, the problem isn't in mingw itself, but in msys. Some patching
will be needed in order to build it successfully. One of the decent
solutions is just to use some small piece of cygwin just for shell stuff.

--
With best regards,
 Anton                          mailto:asl at math.spbu.ru

Monday, April 24, 2006 1:36:25 AM

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University