[LLVMdev] trying to bootstrap gcc 4.0.1 and the cvs llvm

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 16:26:18 PDT 2006

> Try rerunning configure with the newly built llvm-gcc in your path.  The
> configure script should detect that you have llvm-gcc4 and disable
> building these libraries (which are only needed by llvm-gcc3).
The problem was that I had forgot to use --enable-llvm when compiling GCC :-(

One small improvement that I noticed because of my mistake is to declare
LLVMSRCDIR in gcc/Makefile.in
using := instead of =

This will cause make to run grep and sed only once. I found this
because there was a grep error message for each compiled file :-)

Thank you very much,
Rafael