[LLVMdev] trying to bootstrap gcc 4.0.1 and the cvs llvm

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 06:46:27 PDT 2006

I am trying to bootstrap the just released gcc 4.0.1 and the cvs head llvm.

I was able to build the llvm tools without a problem.
gcc has a small problem (from the apple branch IIRC): libojc is built
unconditionally, so objc must be in the --enable-languages option for
the build to be successful.

Building the rest of llvm fails with

llvm[3]: Compiling crtend.ll to crtend.bc for Debug build (bytecode)
/home/rafael/dev/obj/Debug/bin/gccas:
/home/rafael/dev/obj/runtime/GCCLibraries/crtend/Debug/crtend.ll:1:
syntax error, unexpected $undefined
/home/rafael/dev/obj/runtime/GCCLibraries/crtend/Debug/crtend.ll:1:
while reading token: '.'

I believe that this is because the -emit-llvm-bc option is not working
as before (true x86 assembly is generated).

Is 1.7 being developed in a branch? I would like to use a CVS instead
of the snapshot to make it easier to track the development.

Thanks,
Rafael