[LLVMdev] 1.7 Pre-Release Ready for Testing

Joseph Altea infovisionorange at yahoo.ie
Sun Apr 16 08:05:12 PDT 2006

Hi I am doing work on a powerPC based Openbsd 3.8 system iBookg4 and on OpenBSD 3.8 i386. Are these supported in the build system yet. I got 1.6 to build but the gcc-llvm was a no go in configure except by gentle hand building each section and figuring out what it wanted as I went...
 I notice Support for OpenBSD 2.8 which is quite dated... I am using pro-Police compiler GCC 3.3 but would like to use some of the benifits of llvm on the MacPPC's/i386 on a more modern version of Canadian OpenBSD 3.8 or 3.9 is good too. WHat can I do? Who build your current config script can I talk with them?

 Where is llvmgcc built from?? I am only interested in C builds, I do not need C++ or java or others.

 thanks so much for any pointers or help. :) regards, IVO(josephAltea)

Tanya Lattner <tonic at nondot.org> wrote:
I've put the pre-release tar balls here:
http://llvm.org/prereleases/1.7/

I'm asking for help to test this release and to review documentation. If anyone
can spare some time to help out, I would really appreciate it. The more people
that test, the better this release will be.

Secondly, now that the tarballs have been created, everyone is free to check in
documentation changes into the the release branch (and cvs main too). For
code changes, please check them into mainline CVS, then email me to let
me know that they should be pulled into the release.

For testing, we would like a mix of people to do x86 and ppc. Please send email
to the list if you plan to test, what architecture, and if you will use the
llvm-gcc binary or compile it yourself. That way, I know who to expect results
from.

Here are some basic guidelines.

1) Build and install llvmgcc, or use the binary.
2) Build llvm. It would be great if some could do objdir != srcdir and vice
versa. You could also try doing a make install.
3) Once everything is ready, run make check (report results)
4) Lastly, run the tests in llvm-test. Report results.

I know this may be a bit rushed, but if the testing and documentation
review could be completed by April 18th, that would be great. Please
either commit updates to the documentation, or mail patches to the
llvmbugs list. Future releases will be more organized and provide more
time for testing. I know everyone has busy schedules, so I appreciate all
the help.

Thanks,
Tanya