[LLVMdev] creating a project from sample project

Ryan M. Lefever lefever at crhc.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 14 16:40:00 PDT 2006

I am trying to create a project in my home directory based off the
instructions in http://llvm.org/docs/Projects.html.  I have completed
step 4 requiring me to set the values in autoconf/configure.ac  In step
5, when I run AutoRegen.sh, I get the following error:

Can't find the LLVM autoconf/m4 directory. The project should be checked
out to projects directory

So, I assumed that I set AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR incorrectly in configure.ac.
  I tried setting it to an absolute path and a relative path but had no
luck.  Then I looked at AutoRegen.sh, and it seems to have a variable
called llvm_m4 that is hardcoded to either ../../../autoconf/m4 or
../../llvm/autoconf/m4.  If I hardcode in another option that allows
llvm_m4 to be hardcoded to the same value that I set AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR
to, then I am able to run AutoRegen.sh.  Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Ryan