[LLVMdev] make dist?

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Tue Apr 11 17:17:56 PDT 2006

The RedHat system uses automake and it is no coincidence that the
facility built for LLVM and the one provided by automake are similar. I
used automake for many years and the idea for the various "dist" targets
comes directly from automake.  We've toyed with using automake in LLVM,
but it has not yet matched up with our diverse needs.

Thanks for the pointer to redhat's documentation.

Reid.