[LLVMdev] benchmark suitable for testing the jit

Jakob Praher jp at hapra.at
Wed Apr 5 11:25:33 PDT 2006

hi all,

I have to do some benchmarking and charting. I wanted to know if someone
has a simple enough benchmark, that contains branches/calls/loops.

Something mathematical would be fine. But as I said it should consist of
more than one big function :-).

I want to benchmark a dynamic instrumentation framework and need
something to compare it against the uninstrumented software. It would be
best if it was used somewhere else (so that it looks less homegrown).

I haven't used much benchmarking code yet. So maybe anybody can point me
at something.

thanks in advance
-- Jakob