[LLVMdev] Next LLVM release thoughts?

W Shumaker llvm at zuik.net
Fri Oct 21 09:15:02 PDT 2005

I'm not sure how many people are using Visual Studio to build the llvm
tools, other than myself? When I compile the llvm tools on linux I do not
see any warnings (I believe -Wall is set?). However, under visual studio
there are a lot of warnings, mostly of this form:

warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'uint64_t' to 'unsigned
int', possible loss of data

These all seem to be valid warnings although I haven't looked at them
all in detail. The ones I have looked at seem to be OK and intentional.
I am relatively new to using llvm and was wondering, since a release is
planned, how aware anyone was of these warnings under VS and whether I
should spend some time to help clean them up? Or just leave them as is.
Here is a typical examples:

warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'uint64_t' to 'unsigned int'
      if (ConstantSDNode *CN = dyn_cast<ConstantSDNode>(N.Val->getOperand(1))) {

Wayne