[LLVMdev] Cast instructions

Robert L. Bocchino Jr. bocchino at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 5 13:49:47 PDT 2005

The following situation comes up a lot in what I'm doing.  I want to
check if a value is a certain kind of instruction.  The test also needs
to succeed if the value is a *cast* of the instruction (or a cast of a
cast, etc.)  I.e., I need to "see through" any intervening casts to get
to the "real" value.  It's trivial to write a function that does this,
but does this functionality already exist somewhere in LLVM?  It's
something I'd like to write once and use a lot.

Thanks,

Rob

Robert L. Bocchino Jr.
Ph.D. Student, Computer Science