[LLVMdev] doxygen docs

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe sameerds at it.iitb.ac.in
Tue Nov 15 00:46:07 PST 2005

Chris Lattner wrote:

>> I tried generating the docs myself ... doxygen simply refuses to
>> create pages for classes defined in anonymous namespaces in cpp files.
>> I enabled options such as EXTRACT_ALL, EXTRACT_PRIVATE and
>> EXTRACT_LOCAL, but no luck. How is the publicly available
>> documentation generated?
>
> They are generated from the Makefile in the llvm/docs directory, which
> has a doxygen.cfg in it.

I used the same file ... the problem is that doxygen is not producing
documentation for classes inside anonymous namespaces ... I tried the
options mentioned above, but didn't work. For example, consider this:

http://illuvium.com/docs/doxygen/classSteens.html

This was generated from lib/Analysis/DataStructure/Steensgaard.cpp, but
when I tried that on my setup, no such file is created:

sameerds at trantor5:~/data/llvm-1.6$ find docs/doxygen -name "*Steen*"
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp-source.html
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8d-source.html
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp.html
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp__incl.md5
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8d.html
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp__incl.png
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp__incl.map

The problem might not be anonymous namespaces, but that's my first
guess. I need to know what is done differently on illuvium.com to
produce the missing documentation. I am using doxygen version 1.4.5

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/