[LLVMdev] binary release would be great

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Nov 9 15:56:15 PST 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Marshall Spight wrote:
> You know what I would really love? I set of pre-built
> llvm binaries. Either for Windows or RedHat.

That would be great.  Contributions are very welcome from everyone out
there, we can host them on the llvm web page.

> IIUC, the cygwin nightly build hasn't succeeded since
> March, and the latest download on illuvium.net predates
> that.

Yup, unfortunately Reid (the guy who runs illuvium) isn't doing much LLVM
stuff anymore, and his cygwin tester isn't running.

> I'd love to be able to try out 1.6, but having to build
> my own compiler to build it is a substantial barrier. I know

Agreed.

> there are binaries for the gcc frontend, which is cool,

Actually, we do have binary tarballs for linux solaris and Mac OS X of the
C front-end. :)  (more are welcome as well).

> but I'd most like to be able just to get one whole big
> package with binaries for everything. It doesn't need to
> be an rpm necessarily; just programs I can run.

I can't really help here other than to say that if people are willing to
put together these binaries, we'd be happy to host them from the web site
:)

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/