[LLVMdev] LLVM 1.6 Release Branch

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Mon Nov 7 14:51:51 PST 2005

>> Everything builds fine on sparc. The configure script needs to be fixed
>> though (see previous email).
>
> I'm not getting the error with the configure script (on Kain, anyway). I've
> tried it with --with-f2c and with f96 (NAG Fortran compiler) in and out of my
> $PATH.

I get the error with and without the --with-f2c option. I never used the
NAG Fotran option. It works fine if I specifically use bash.

> Can you verify that the configure script works for you without the --with-f2c
> option?  If it does, I think we'll just file a bug report and fix it in 1.7.

It should have a bug filed. I can do that later or if you want to do it
now.. thats fine.

> As for the regressions below, it would be nice to get them fixed before the
> release, but I'm not sure if anybody has time to look into it.  If nobody has
> time, we'll probably ship it as is.

Sorry, I don't have time to do this unless time == a month or more.

> I've tried out a few programs: hexxagon is an XFAIL (Solaris doesn't have
> stdint.h), and make_dparser is genuinely broken (even with Chris's llvm-gcc
> fix).  Some of the Prolangs-C tests are working now, probably due to Chris's
> fix, so Sparc is probaby in better shape than it looks.

I am pretty sure hexxagon worked at one point.. but it doesnt matter.

> If you want to try out the new CFE, just re-download it using the same
> directions I gave before.  The new one is built and ready to go.

Unless someone is going to actively fix these.. then I will, but I dont
think anyone has spare cycles. It will take me another day to get the
results if you want them.

-Tanya