[LLVMdev] LLVM 1.6 Release Branch

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Nov 7 14:38:16 PST 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, John Criswell wrote:
> Tanya Lattner wrote:
>> Everything builds fine on sparc. The configure script needs to be fixed
>> though (see previous email).
>
> I'm not getting the error with the configure script (on Kain, anyway). I've
> tried it with --with-f2c and with f96 (NAG Fortran compiler) in and out of my
> $PATH.
>
> Can you verify that the configure script works for you without the --with-f2c
> option?  If it does, I think we'll just file a bug report and fix it in 1.7.

Did you try with plain old bourne shell?  I agree that filing a bug and
adding a note about it to the release notes is fine.  However, Reid
mentioned that it should be trivial to fix for someone with configure
experience... ;-)

> As for the regressions below, it would be nice to get them fixed before the
> release, but I'm not sure if anybody has time to look into it.  If nobody has
> time, we'll probably ship it as is.

I think that shipping with them is fine.  Unfortunately, until Sparc
has a platform maintainer/champion, it will continue to suffer.  If people
are interested in Sparc, fixing bugs at the beginning of the 1.7 cycle
would make sense.

What is left before 1.6 can ship?

Thanks John and Tanya!

-Chris