[LLVMdev] Error while compiling spec benchmark

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Tue May 31 01:12:17 PDT 2005

Its a bit hard to say given the information you've provided, but I can
pass on what I know. The error you're getting is coming from the LLVM
system library when its trying to mmap the bytecode file to read it. The
file can't be read. Possible problems are: permissions, the file doesn't
exist (wasn't created), or a low level disk error.

Some of the SPEC benchmarks (INT2000,INT95, CFP95) have been compiled
with LLVM. The test results can be found here:
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/testresults/X86/
about mid-way through the page under the "Programs/External" heading.

Some questions for you:

Are you using llvm-test to compile SPEC?
Did you read http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/TestingGuide.html?
Which SPEC benchmark are you compiling?

Reid.