[LLVMdev] Sparc build error

Vikram S. Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon May 23 15:26:10 PDT 2005

I'm encountering a new problem building llvm (from CVS) on Solaris.
The tblgen executable builds successfully but it seems to use the
wrong version of libstdc++ :

% /home/vadve/vadve/llvm-sparc/Debug/bin/tblgen --help
ld.so.1: /home/vadve/vadve/llvm-sparc/Debug/bin/tblgen: fatal: /home/
vadve/lattner/local/x86-fc1/gcc-3.4.2/lib/libstdc++.so.6: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS32
Killed

This version of tblgen was just created successfully in the same
build on Solaris, so I don't know why the x86-fc1 version of libstdc+
+ is getting used.    My tree is configured as:
     /home/vadve/vadve/llvm/configure --prefix=/localhome/vadve/llvm
--enable-targets=host-only
I verified that the correct (Sparc) version of llvm-gcc is on my path.

Has anyone seen this error before or have a suggestion on what might
be happening?

Thanks,

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve