[LLVMdev] Binary linux packages v1.5

Al Stone ahs3 at fc.hp.com
Thu May 19 15:34:36 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 16:27 -0500, John Criswell wrote:
> Oleg Smolsky wrote:
> > is anyone gonna make a debian package for stable or testing? It's just
> > that building llvm/cfrontend drives me crazy :)

Bug fixes for 1.4 should be uploaded today or tomorrow; 1.4
has to get uploaded first in order to fix some outstanding
bugs.

> We don't have Debian packages for LLVM 1.5, but we do have a
> pre-compiled GCC frontend for i386/Linux.  Does that not work on Debian?

For 1.5, I want to see if 1.4 can get accepted into sarge
before I upload it into the official archive for testing or
unstable.  In the meantime, though, I should have the 1.5
packages available in a day or two (I'm playing with the
alternatives system so I can install multiple versions at
once).  I'll post a reply to this thread as soon as I get
them done, with a note on where to get them from.

This actually brings up a question for the list: I'm assuming
the 1.5 versions should use the 1.5 branch -- (1) is there
any reason to change that assumption (I certainly can't think
of any)?  and (2) is there any need/desire for a set of packages
from the CVS HEAD (sort of like the gcc-snapshot packages)?

Sorry about the delay -- I've been traveling a lot the last
few weeks and it's hard to work on stuff when the only time
you have is between flights at the airport :).  The stupid
airlines _never_ delay flights when you _want_ them to...

--
Ciao,
al
E-mail: ahs3 at fc.hp.com                        ahs3 at debian.org