[LLVMdev] [Cygwin] llvm 'make install' build errors

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Thu May 19 14:50:54 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 22:34 +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:

> I do not really feel upto looking into makefiles yet as I don't really know
> automake, configure scripts, etc, etc

Aaron, its trivial. Open up tools/llvm-ar/Makefile in an editor. Go to
the TOOLNAME line, delete the space at the end of the line, save the
file, rebuild.

> >I'll patch the makefiles when UIUC's CVS server isn't so sluggish.

The patches are committing right now, albeit slowly.

> Okay, I'm working from the 1.5 release at the moment. I will move to
> checking the CVS Cygwin build once the groff error is solved. I believe I
> found another error in the post 1.5 "fork" CVS before the 1.5 release :(

Not sure what you mean by that.

> Thanks for solving that. I do not mind doing the Cygwin builds, although I
> wish I had updated the RAM on this machine to 1GByte as the whole build
> process takes over three hours. It would be good to workout how to do
> non-debug builds as that would speed up the linking, which is particularly
> slow.

Yeah, cygwin's a bit of a pig. To do a release build, just do:

make ENABLE_RELEASE=1

that's all there is to it.

You might want to take a gander at

http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/MakefileGuide.html

> I don't want to be a slave driver but any thoughts on the groff error ???:)

Nope, because I haven't seen it on the list. Can you repost?

Reid