[LLVMdev] [Cygwin] llvm 'make install' build errors

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu May 19 13:31:57 PDT 2005

>No, I don't think so. The "bin" directory definitely gets created first
>as there is a rule for it in Makefile.rules and appropriate
>dependencies. Also, the error message seems to indicate that "install"
>wants to create a directory, not create a file as it should. There's no
>such directory as <install_path>/bin/llvm-ar !

Ah, I see. What I am getting is lli as lli without the .exe, same for
everything except llvm-ranlib and llvm-ar which both are directories with
.exe files in them !

Maybe I should look at the makefile and/or possibly use the same version of
install.sh as you are using ???

Thanks for the support,

Aaron