[LLVMdev] [Cygwin] llvm-ranlib and 'make check' errors

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu May 19 09:31:51 PDT 2005

>Okay, that file checks out just fine using llvm-ranlib and llvm-ar on
>Linux, so the file is not the problem, llvm-ranlib on cygwin is. I don't
>know what the issue could be. If you feel like gdbing llvm-ranlib while
>it tries to process that file and get some info on why it can't read the
>file, that would be useful. This isn't critical btw, not having ranlib'd
>archives will make your links slower, but not fail.

llvm-ar appears to be okay atleast the t and x operations work fine.

If no one else gives any feedback on llvm-ranlib then I may have a look at
it.
It would be good if someone else could checkout the Cygwin build and
llvm-ranlib.

>Okay, this I have no clue about. I've never done "make check" on llvm-
>gcc. I thought you meant "make check" on LLVM.  You're into "new
>territory".

That explains everything, I should be checking llvm, not the cfrontend,
thanks :)

Looks like the cfrontend checks were never completed.

Aaron