[LLVMdev] JIT + tail cals

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu May 19 00:18:50 PDT 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Chris Lattner wrote:
> Yup, something like this should work.  Two comments though:
> 2. I haven't done much testing with the JIT and tail calls.  I wouldn't be
>   suprised if there are minor issues that need to be fixed.  I will try
>   to take a look and see what remains to be done over the next couple of
>   days.

As I expected, there were issues.  I fixed the following two problems:

1. The JIT didn't know where a call came from when it was a tail call (jmp
    doesn't push a return address).
2. The JIT was clobbering EAX/EDX when lazily compiling a function, and
    X86 fastcc wants to pass values in those registers.

I think things are working now, give it a spin and lemme know if you hit
any problems.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/