[LLVMdev] preferred platform?

Marshall Spight marshall.spight at gmail.com
Sat May 7 10:36:03 PDT 2005

Hi,

What's the state of llvm on various platforms? I've tried working
with it on windows/cygwin a few times, and been fairly frustrated.
I made some abortive efforts on RedHat 9, which also didn't go
so well, but I put much less time into them.

Is there a plan or a timeline to end up with some low-intensity
linux target? Sort of like: grab these three RPMs and go. Having
to get my own binutils and gcc and compile from scratch makes
life hard.

What do things look like on the Mac?

I'm working on an initial implementation of a new language, and
I'm fairly far into the interpreter. Once that's done, I'd like to start
an llvm backend, since it's clearly the coolest thing going. Should
I aim for 1.5, or 2.0, or is it premature to say?

Marshall