[LLVMdev] Stack alignment problem

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Tue Mar 22 07:00:41 PST 2005

Hi,
I have a problem getting a properly aligned stack for my LLVM backend. I've
asked about this previously, but unfortunately only now could try the
suggested solution.

For reference, here's the original message from me:
http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2004-July/001388.html

And here's reply from Chris:
http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2004-July/001390.html

The PrologEpilogInserter.cpp file aligns the stack only if
MachineFrameInfo::hasCalls returns true, which happens only if the function
has "call frame setup instruction" which my backend does not generate.
Chris suggested adding explicit MachineFrameInfo::setHasCalls call, which I've
tried, but it does not help. The PrologEpilogInsert.cpp file always
explicitly calls setHasCalls with the value it computes, so whatever value I
set manually is just overwritten.

So, what's the right approach? As usual, I'll be willing to code a patch.

TIA,
Volodya