[LLVMdev] Current state of tests in llvm/test?

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Fri Mar 18 20:33:36 PST 2005

Evan:

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 19:13, Evan Jones wrote:
> The remaining three are:
>
> FAIL: /home/ejones/llvm/llvm/test/Regression/Archive/ranlib_GNU.ll:
> FAIL: /home/ejones/llvm/llvm/test/Regression/Archive/ranlib_SVR4.ll:
> FAIL: /home/ejones/llvm/llvm/test/Regression/Archive/ranlib_xpg4.ll:
>
> Which I am guessing are also related, since the linker I am using is
> also old.

These should not be failing on x86 Linux. I've just built the CVS head
and these tests pass for me on x86 Linux (FC2). These tests check the
compatibility of llvm-ranlib with three other formats of archives (GNU,
SVR4, and XPG4). All they do is read the archive, build a symbol table
and convert it to llvm format.

If you can still reproduce the problem, could you please check the
output of those tests and find out what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Reid.