[LLVMdev] Linking LLVM code with LLVM

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Mar 16 08:44:09 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Marc Ordinas i Llopis wrote:
> Finally, I tried first generating the .o (bytecode) file, and then linking
> got me the same result.
>
> So, I'm really stuck here. Is there a way of linking LLVM-produced code with
> LLVM? Has anyone tried it before?

I guess I don't really understand what your goal is.  Currently our
support for transparently mixing native and llvm .o files (what you're
trying to do) is pretty bad.

If you really want to do this (and I'm still not sure at all why), you
would want to compile one part of the program (either the part compiled
with llvm-g++ or the part compiled with g++) to a native .so file, then
compile the other part to a native application that links to it.  You're
not going to have much luck linking mixed bytecode/native .o files.

Sorry!

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/